CAS 6865-35-6 Barium stearate
Barium stearate CAS 6865-35-6 , white or slightly yellow amorphous powder, melting point>225 ℃, has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system. It is soluble in hot ethanol, benzene, toluene, and other non-polar solvents, but insoluble in water and ethanol. When heated and dissolved in organic solvents and cooled, it forms a gel and has water absorption in the air. No sulfide pollution. When encountering strong acids, it decomposes into stearic acid and corresponding barium salts.
Chinese name: barium stearate
Foreign name: Barium stearate
Nickname: barium octadecylate
CAS number: 6865-35-6
Molecular formula: C36H70BaO4
Molecular weight: 704.266
1. Used as a high-temperature lubricant for machines, a high-temperature additive for rubber products, and a light and heat resistant stabilizer for polyvinyl chloride plastics;
2. Used as a heat stabilizer for polyvinyl chloride products;
3. Used as a waterproof agent, lubricant, and bearing lining material;
4. High temperature resistant powder used for rubber products. It can be used as a stabilizer and lubricant for polyvinyl chloride, and among all alkaline earth metal stearates, this product has the best long-term heat resistance. Mainly used for soft transparent films, thin sheets, artificial leather, as well as hard boards, pipes, etc. It can also be used as a high-temperature release agent and a high-temperature lubricant for machinery.
5. This product can be used as a heat stabilizer for vinyl chloride copolymers. It has good long-term heat resistance and lubricity, with a greater stability effect than calcium stearate, but not as good as lead stearate. It has good synergistic effects when used in combination with cadmium soap, zinc soap, or epoxy compounds. The general dosage is 0.1% to 2%. Combined with a small amount of lead based stabilizers can improve the electrical properties of the product.
This product is mainly used for transparent films, thin films, artificial leather, hard boards, and pipes. In soft products, it is often combined with stabilizers such as cadmium, cadmium zinc, or cadmium lead. It is often used in combination with zinc soap in the formulation of sulfur-resistant synthetic leather. It is often combined with basic lead salts and lead soaps in pipe and cable materials. In corrugated boards, it is often combined with cadmium soap, lead soap, and basic lead salts. This product has no sulfide contamination. When the dosage is large, there is segregation and scaling phenomenon. This product can also be used as a high-temperature release agent and a high-temperature lubricant for machinery.
ChemicalCAS.com offers price quotation and technology support of chemical from China. In the quotation from China factory supplier, we will include price terms, payment, lead time, COA, TDS, MSDS etc. We make sure the reliable purchase source and product quality. If you need to buy chemical from China, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org